Welcome students! Feel free to browse around and see what we did last year, then return here to post your thoughts. But, before you comment here, make sure you review our guidelines for blogging.
Please respond in a complete paragraph (more if needed) to the prompt above. I have posted an example for you to follow. Find a way to creatively restate the prompt into your response, then add details to support your answer (you’ll hear that phrase quite often this year:). If you ever find that a prompt does not apply to you…you may “tweak” it a bit. Perhaps you can’t think of one event that stands out from your summer breaks, you may begin: “One of the things I love to do in the summer is…” or, maybe summer isn’t your favorite time of year, you may begin: “Because I hate the heat of the summer, I’ll describe the best thing I did last winter. My family and I…” Many options here…how you express your ideas through writing is the most important part.
To reply to a prompt:
1. Click on “Leave a Comment”
2. Type your name in the name field (First name only)
3. Copy and paste the url for our blog into the “Website” field (ask me if you need help…skip it if I’m not handy)
4. Type your comment in the comment area
5. Read and edit your comment, edit errors that you notice (If you want, you can ask someone else to read also…peer editing can be very helpful)
6. When you’re happy with your comment, click “Submit Comment”
7. Have fun!!